The purpose of that ACBA is to create an atmosphere that allows for Cannabis Businesses to be permitted and operated in the Municipality through the following actions:
- Work closely with the P&Z commission to develop regulations and ordinances that will allow businesses to operate
- Work with the Anchorage Regulation and Taxation Committee to provide input from a future business owners perspective
- Align with other businesses that will be in supporting roles and identify those owners who will be supportive
- Meet with Community Councils to educate them on Cannabis Regulations
- Change the perception of Cannabis by providing educational materials and public comment to P&Z, Community Councils, Municipal Departments and the Assembly
- Engage the general public on safe uses of cannabis
Code of Ethics
The ACBA (Anchorage Cannabis Business Association) and its members are dedicated to following existing laws and changing the perception of cannabis through positive community interaction. To accomplish this, members have agreed to do the following:
- Only participate in activities that are compliant with existing regulations.
- Interact with the public in a professional manner, everyone gets to speak.
- Be transparent in all actions and communications.
- Do not officially represent a position on the ACBAs behalf unless approved to do so.
The ACBA will also strengthen our business opportunities by creating a close network of members who can provide support and advice by accomplishing the following:
- Identify each other’s strengths and leverage them to achieve our common goals
- Develop speaking points that we can all effectively communicate
- Create close working relationships so we can support each other in the future
- Develop relationships with other local groups
- Invite Guest Speakers to educate ourselves
- Invite businesses that will be in supporting roles to Cannabis to join that ACBA
Benefits and Activities
ACBA is organized to connect those people who want to open a Cannabis Business in the Anchorage borough.
Good things will come of this group! If you’re looking to be a part of the legal cannabis industry check us out!
Annual membership dues are $50.00.
- Resident of State of Alaska
- Over 21 Years of Age
- Up-to-date with affiliate dues
- Of good moral character and must demonstrate interest in the legal cannabis industry and business community.
Anchorage Cannabis Business Association
P.O. Box 241521
Anchorage, AK 99524
Telephone: (907) 244-2125
E-mail: [email protected]